From Android Guys:
A new 3.6 release of Google + which will go live in the Google Play Store today focuses on four key segments: photos, posts, profiles and communities.
Details in the updated version of Google+ include:
- Posts include more text up front—from the original message, and from comments
- Tapping video, photo or link attachments takes you directly to a watch page, lightbox or website
- Image previews are rarely cropped, so you’ll see portrait photos (for instance) in all their glory
- Key actions like +1, reshare and comment are displayed more prominently in each post
- You can swipe through photo albums inline
Those of you who like to “share your where” will find that the app and service allows users to display your current location on your Google+ profile. Of course this is entirely optional and can toggled at your every whim.
- If you enable this option, you’ll then decide who can see your best-available location across Google
- Like always, you can be as public or as private as you want to be
- When someone with permission visits your profile, for example, they’ll see your current whereabouts underneath your name
The Communities segment of Google+ for Android also gets better with the update as it now allows users to adjust the volume of community posts in the Home stream. Other details include the option to invite people to a community, or reshare items with a community as well as Member search, content moderation, and report-remove-ban support for community managers.